While the plot is less full it’s a good time to test your soil’s pH. You can test at any time as long as it’s over three months since you added any lime, as this can affect the result. Manure can affect results too, so when you take a soil sample make sure it is soil and not organic matter you pick up – dig down a spit or so to make sure.
To get a sample, take soil from several points across your veg bed in a ‘W’ pattern and mix it into one sample. If you have a large allotment its worth doing this for each area and getting separate results for each one because pH can vary from one end of a plot to another.
To extract the soil, dig out one spit and take a slice from one side of the hole one spit deep – this slice will be your sample. Do this for each point of your ‘W’ and mix them all together in a clean bucket. You’ll end up with a large bucket of soil but you’ll only need a spoonful, so mix thoroughly.
Home soil testing kits are widely available and easy to use. Kits can be slightly different, so follow the directions on your pack. Usually, it involves taking a small spoonful of soil and mixing it with water and a powdered indicator to create a colored liquid. After the soil in the liquid has settled you can use the color guide that comes with the kit to determine the pH. Hold a white piece of paper behind the vial of liquid to help see the true color.
After you know your soil then which veggie is best for your soil?
Alkaline (limey) – Great for growing brassicas, which will be protected from club root. Legumes and grape vines like it too.
Neutral soil – Ideal for growing most fruit and veggie. The exception is acid-loving fruit bushes, blueberries, and cranberries.
Acidic soil – Most plants thrive in it, but potatoes, rhubarb, currants, and gooseberries do particularly well.
- 🌷🌷3-in-1: Tests moisture, PH value and light level using two 20cm probe and a light sensor
- 🍅🍅High Accuracy and Rapid Respond: There are three calibration tables, you can respectively get the accurate value immediately
- 🌸🌸No Battery Needed: Environmentally friendly because it needn't any battery or electricity. Just plug in the probe to your object
- 🍓🍓Compact and Portable: It is convenient to use it indoor, outdoor or in your greenhouse
- 🌽🌽Promote Healthy Plants: It ensures and maintains the health and quality of your greenery. By using it, you can know when to water, control PH level and whether the plant getting adequate sunlight
- 🎄🎄🎄WARRANTY-- For 18 months after the date of purchase, we take care of all quality-related issues with a REPLACEMENT or REFUND. Pls CONTACT US at the first time if you got the defective item from Covery Store.
- 🌼🌼🌼 FUNCTIONs -- 1,Measures moisture content of soil to lets you know when to water 2, Helps you determine if plant is getting adequate light 3, Helps you control PH level in soil, acidic or alkaline is suitable for your plants, You will never plant your lovely flowers into high-acid or Extreme alkalinity soil
- 🍀🍀🍀HOW TO USE -- No batteries needed, Indoor or outdoor use. Simply insert the probes into the soil about 4 inches, and you'll get your reading Ideal tool for indoor/outdoor plants, help your plants grow healthy and strong.Please tester into the soil before the soil is moistened with water, 10 cm above the probe to be inserted, the most accurate measured
- 🌺🌺🌺 NOTICE -- Due to small package, we only give a part of the plant reference, some plants aren't on it, please go to the professional website to get.
- 🌻🌻🌻IMPORTANT TIPs --1, Do not touch the stone or hard rock soil, if the soil is too hard and dry, easy to damage the probes. 2. Design for testing soil ONLY. 3. After using, need to clean and wipe the probes.4.measurement of moisture and pH must be viewed while the unit is in the soil,And, the tester must be kept in the soil for 10 minutes or more.
- Quick, at home results for Soil pH, Nitrogen, Phosphrous and Potash
- Innovative and inexpensive soil test kit features an easy-to-use capsule system and patented color comparators
- Contains all components needed for 40 tests. 10 for each of pH, N, P and K
- Simple, detailed instructions included. Great for beginners and experienced gardeners alike.
- Soil pH preference list for over 450 plants included
soil ph tester kit uk
soil testing kit home depot
soil testing kit new zealand
soil testing kit refills
soil testing kit price in bangalore
soil testing kit reviews
rapitest soil test kit home depot
soil testing kit uk
soil testing kit ph
soil testing kit nz
soil test kit home depot canada
soil fertility test kit india
soil testing kit price
soil testing kit argos
garden soil testing kits nz
soil ph test kit uk
soil ph testing kit home depot
soil testing kit in india
soil testing kit south africa
soil test kit india
lead soil test kit home depot
lawn soil test kit home depot
soil testing kit ebay uk
soil testing kit price in hyderabad
lowe’s canada soil test kit
ph soil testing kit lowes
soil testing kit india price
soil testing kit homebase
best soil testing kit uk
garden soil test kit home depot
professional soil testing kit uk
soil testing kit ebay india
soil testing kit reviews uk
manutec soil ph test kit price
soil testing kit lowes
soil testing kit for gardens
soil testing kit canada
soil testing kit india
soil ph test kit india
soil test kit online india
agricultural soil testing kit india
soil npk test kit india
soil ph testing kit nz
portable soil testing kit india
soil testing kit lead
soil ph testing kits for sale
soil testing kit amazon uk
diy soil test kit nz
ph soil testing kit uk
soil ph tester uk
lawn soil test kit lowes
soil testing kit for lawns
soil testing kit
agricultural soil testing kit uk
soil testing kit amazon
soil testing kit professional
soil ph testing kit prices
buy soil test kit india
soil testing kit online india
buy soil testing kit uk
buy soil testing kit nz
npk soil test kit uk
soil testing kit price india
rapitest soil test kit lowes