Thousands of outdoor landscape lighting systems are installed across the country every single year, and with that high demand comes to a great responsibility to be sure they’re designed and installed with the utmost integrity and professionalism. In order to make your landscape lighting system professional, there are a few things you should do.
Make sure you use a quality transformer that is UL1838 listed. UL1838 states that the maximum voltage going to the lights is 15 volts, and the maximum amperage is 25 amps. This ensures that your transformer is safe to use in a landscape lighting environment. Make sure your wire gauge is sized correctly and that you use a quality connector, and also make sure that all your LEDs receive between 11 and 15 volts.
To deliver the right amount of voltage to the fixtures, each run of lighting wire in the system has to be the proper gauge based on wattage consumption and on how far the lights are from the transformer. You can use a measuring wheel to determine distance and then choose the best wire gauge for your project.
To maximize performance and lifespan, manufacturers require that their LEDs operate within a certain voltage range. The recommended voltage range is 11 to 15 volts at every fixture. In the past, transformers were manufactured to support both halogens and LED systems and had multiple voltage taps ranging from 11 to 15 volts. If you’re installing LED systems, always connect your wire to the 14 or 15-volt tap.
To verify that the system is receiving the proper voltage, take your reading at the last fixture on the wire run with a voltmeter. If the reading is at least 11 volts, everything is fine. If the reading is below 11 volts, it could be that the wire run is too long, your wire gauge is too small or you have too many watts or fixtures on the wire.
- DECORATION AND MOOD: 600 lumen warm white led pathway lights can be used to illuminate sculptures, decorative wall panels, garden buildings, and structures. Creating a warming atmosphere.
- PREMIUM GRADE COMPONENTS: High temperature tempered soda-lime glass for high-impact resistance. High quality LED COB Light chip, lifetime up to 20,000 hours.
- UPGRATED VOLTAGE: 12V or 24V working voltage, compatible with most low voltage lighting transformer system. Easier and safer to install, and energy saving.( Low voltage transformer required to change 110V to 12V or 24V; Transformer NOT INCLUDED )
- WATERPROOF: IP65 water resistant low voltage spot lights, perfect for outdoor landscape lighting in different weather conditions. Water tight seals, pressure rubber gasket, rubber seal around wire exit.
- [2 Year Replacement Warranty] Please feel free to contact us if you have any issues with your low voltage lights, we'll send you the replacement ASAP. You take NO RISK if you order now by clicking the orange "Add To Cart" button on this page!
- ·UPGRADE LANDSCAPE LIGHTING LED LIGHT SOURCE&SUPER BRIGHT:8 pieces 5W COB LED Light,500 Lumens per one,great for illuminating your Patio,Garden Path Back Yard fences-not only good for security but also decoration with beautiful warm white lights ;
- •SAFE LANDSCAPE LIGHTING LOW VOLTAGE OUTDOOR USE:12V - 24V working voltage, compatible with most low voltage landscape lighting kits, extra low voltage transformer Required for installation (NOT INCLUDED in this set).
- •TRIPLE WATER RESISTANT : thick aluminum body and glass lens cover design withstand rainy and snowy weather; IP65 waterproof design which greatly improves the stability of outdoor lighting and long-term use.
- •ROTATABLE & WIDELY APPLICATED :90° Beam Angle, 270 degree adjustable head offers best lights for the walls,trees,flags &fences;widely used for garden,yard patio pathway,driveway and outdoor decoration
- • INSTALLATION: Just insert the light spike stand into the suitable position on ground.Extra accessories needed: transformer,wire connectors and low voltage wires( NOT INCLUDED in this pack)
- RISK FREE GUARANTEED! Transformer Construction: The 120 watt transformer is made of durable plastic with a length of 4.7 inches, a width of 3.4 inches and a height of 7.5 inches. It can be placed outdoors for direct use and be protected against all severe weather conditions. The total power of the lamp is best not to exceed 75% of the power pack's capacity
- For low-voltage landscape lights: the 120V family voltage is converted to 12V safety voltage
- Light Control Timing: Malibu transformers connect light sensors that sense light, transformers start automatically at dusk; set the time so that your landscape lights automatically turn on at dusk and automatically shuts off at dawn
- Quick and easy to install: directly mount outdoors and can be placed on the wall or mailbox side
- Combine with Malibu Garden Lights: Malibu Transformer with Malibu Garden Lights to make your home's lawn and garden beautiful and comfortable