In today’s day and age, it can be very hard to create a good, functioning garden in any location and this is why the recommended option comes in the form of a hydroponic garden because this provides you with a much better control over the water amount. At the same time, managing a hydroponic is a lot easier when compared to a normal garden so you should definitely take this into account at all times.
However, one thing is certain, it can be very hard to create your own hydroponic garden, mainly because you can’t really find a good guide to help you create such a garden in the online world. This is why we have decided to create such a guide ourselves and share it with you all so that you can obtain the best experience.
Decide what to grow
Before you start creating your own hydroponic garden you do need to decide what to grow. There are plenty of options here, but either type of veggies will do. Remember that you do need to pay a lot of attention so it’s important to choose those veggies that are easy to track and which don’t really require your utmost attention all the time. It’s recommended to create a list of the potential candidates in this regard and then you can use that list in order to obtain the best results.
Decide the amount
Aside from knowing the plant you want to grow, you also have to decide which amount of that particular plant has to be grown. You need to remember that the more you invest the better the outcome will actually be, but you do need to have the necessary space to grow all those plants. So make sure that you decide on a good amount that is large enough to fulfill your needs while also taking full advantage of the current space that you have laying around in your garden! Don’t take the decision lightly, instead make sure that this is the right thing to do and you will not be disappointed.
Estimate the size of your hydroponic garden
It all depends on what you want to add, but usually, a few pipes are more than enough. Overall, you should focus on getting as much space as possible, but around 6-8 square feet or more should be more than enough for a good hydroponic in which you can grow the stuff you want.
Once you put everything into space, you should try to mark and then space some holes for the pots, all so that you can place them into those. You will also need to get some shade cloth especially if you live in a hot climate, as this will allow you to obtain a much better result. Of course, the same situation also applies for the next 3-4 weeks as well, so keep that in mind as it’s a necessity!
Create a hydroponic solution
You should try to create your own hydroponic solution in order to nurture your plants. Remember that this solution should include water and fertilizers, as it will provide you with a very high-quality experience and a stellar outcome unlike never before. You can also add some water gel crystals if necessary. The solution needs to have a strength of around 24 CTF and the end PH should be around 5.5-6 in order to get the best results.
Plant the seeds
You can choose to plant the seeds on your own, or you can purchase seedlings directly, it all comes down to you, the space you have and all the other stuff as well. You will need to take the seeds out of the pot and then you have to wash them in order to remove all the soil from the roots. It might take a little bit until you do so, but the results will be great and thus it’s a worthwhile time investment.
Add the seedlings in the growing medium
Once the growing medium is prepared, you should place the clean seedlings directly in there. You can use some NFT channeling or clay balls if you want to dampen the process, but then you can add them directly to the solution!
After you created your own hydroponic solution and designed your garden as we stated above, you will need to continually control the chemical balance of nutrients in the water. You should also add in water often because the high temperatures will lead it to evaporate, something you do not want to happen!
Watch the plants grow and protect them
Plants will grow around 12-18 weeks in a hydroponic garden, which means that you have to monitor them constantly the best way you can. You should also try to keep any pests away, not to mention that you should watch for any root rot issues as they can kill your plants.
You will know when the plant is ready for harvesting, you can rest assured of that. Remember that the faster you harvest, the better the results will actually be, but don’t harvest faster than needed, as that can lead to some drastic consequences.
Once the entire system is used, you will need to flush it after harvesting, because this is important since you always want your plants to have the best growing medium. You should also try to sterilize it with the help of some copper or peroxide solutions. This allows you to defeat any mold and bacteria that appears, so you should definitely focus on that if you want to acquire the best results.
In conclusion, with the help of a hydroponic garden, you can easily grow your own plants, and all you have to do is to follow our guide. You will be amazed by the results so keep the instructions in mind and implement the ideas properly, then the results will be astonishing. However, maintain a clean growing medium, especially if you grow veggies!
- Garden year-round. Grow fresh herbs, vegetables, salad greens, flowers and more in this smart countertop garden.
- Up to 6 plants can be grown at a time. Plants grow in water...not soil. Advanced hydroponics made simple.
- High-performance, full spectrum 20-watt LED lighting system is tuned to the specific spectrum that allows plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests.
- LCD control panel tells you when to add water, reminds you when to add patented nutrients (Included), automatically turns lights on and off.
- Includes 6-Pod Gourmet Herb Seed Kit that contains: Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, Dill, Thyme, Thai Basil and Mint & 3 oz. patented nutrients (enough for a full season of growth).
- Garden year-round. Grow fresh herbs, vegetables, salad greens, flowers and more in this smart countertop garden. Easy-to-use control panel that automatically turns lights on and off and reminds you when to add nutrients.
- Up to 3 plants can be grown at a time. Plants grow in water...not soil. Advanced hydroponics made simple.
- High-performance, full spectrum 10-watt LED lighting system is tuned to the specific spectrum that allows plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests.
- Includes 3-Pod Gourmet Herb Seed Kit that contains: Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, and Dill & 3 oz. patented nutrients (enough for a full season of growth)
- After several months of use, the aerator in the Sprout LED may clog if not cleaned and maintained between plantings. A thorough cleaning can correct the issue, or the simple installation of a replacement part.
- 🌱Improve Plant Growth---Cyprapid plant grow light gives off targeted wavelengths (460nm and 660nm) lights to help accelerate the growth of indoor plants，rapidly promoting leaves and flowers blooming.
- 🌱36 LED Beads & Dimmable 2 Levels---36 LED Plant Growing Beads (24 red & 12 blue) .This upgrade version is ultra bright, lower heat and lower power consumption, high luminous efficiency and long service life. You can adjust the brightness of the light according to plant needs.
- 🌱USB connector& Clip Design---USB connector, you can choose to plug into a wall outlet (Came with free adapter!) or an USB interface. Compact design, strong metal clip, 3 ways to fix the clamp (Clip, Screw or Stick). It can be placed anywhere you want to put. Easy to install at your home or office. Can be widely used indoor with a wide variety of plats. Easy to install at your home or office.
- 🌱360 degree flexible neck & Wide Linear light---Adjustable & dimmable 2 levels with flexible gooseneck. You can adjust the brightness of the light and the distance between the light and plant according to plant needs. The flexible neck makes the light in any direction. USB plug in and switch 1st level/ 2nd level.
- 🌱Blue light and red light---blue light influences the formation of chlorophyll, enabling the plant to intake more energy. Plants that receive plenty of blue light grow with strong, healthy stems and leaves. Red light contributes to the optimal development. It's essential to a plant's early life for seed germination, root growth, and bulb development.