In today’s day and age, it can be very hard to create a good, functioning garden in any location and this is why the recommended option comes in the form of a hydroponic garden because this provides you with a much better control over the water amount. At the same time, managing a hydroponic is a lot easier when compared to a normal garden so you should definitely take this into account at all times.
However, one thing is certain, it can be very hard to create your own hydroponic garden, mainly because you can’t really find a good guide to help you create such a garden in the online world. This is why we have decided to create such a guide ourselves and share it with you all so that you can obtain the best experience.
Decide what to grow
Before you start creating your own hydroponic garden you do need to decide what to grow. There are plenty of options here, but either type of veggies will do. Remember that you do need to pay a lot of attention so it’s important to choose those veggies that are easy to track and which don’t really require your utmost attention all the time. It’s recommended to create a list of the potential candidates in this regard and then you can use that list in order to obtain the best results.
Decide the amount
Aside from knowing the plant you want to grow, you also have to decide which amount of that particular plant has to be grown. You need to remember that the more you invest the better the outcome will actually be, but you do need to have the necessary space to grow all those plants. So make sure that you decide on a good amount that is large enough to fulfill your needs while also taking full advantage of the current space that you have laying around in your garden! Don’t take the decision lightly, instead make sure that this is the right thing to do and you will not be disappointed.
Estimate the size of your hydroponic garden
It all depends on what you want to add, but usually, a few pipes are more than enough. Overall, you should focus on getting as much space as possible, but around 6-8 square feet or more should be more than enough for a good hydroponic in which you can grow the stuff you want.
Once you put everything into space, you should try to mark and then space some holes for the pots, all so that you can place them into those. You will also need to get some shade cloth especially if you live in a hot climate, as this will allow you to obtain a much better result. Of course, the same situation also applies for the next 3-4 weeks as well, so keep that in mind as it’s a necessity!
Create a hydroponic solution
You should try to create your own hydroponic solution in order to nurture your plants. Remember that this solution should include water and fertilizers, as it will provide you with a very high-quality experience and a stellar outcome unlike never before. You can also add some water gel crystals if necessary. The solution needs to have a strength of around 24 CTF and the end PH should be around 5.5-6 in order to get the best results.
Plant the seeds
You can choose to plant the seeds on your own, or you can purchase seedlings directly, it all comes down to you, the space you have and all the other stuff as well. You will need to take the seeds out of the pot and then you have to wash them in order to remove all the soil from the roots. It might take a little bit until you do so, but the results will be great and thus it’s a worthwhile time investment.
Add the seedlings in the growing medium
Once the growing medium is prepared, you should place the clean seedlings directly in there. You can use some NFT channeling or clay balls if you want to dampen the process, but then you can add them directly to the solution!
After you created your own hydroponic solution and designed your garden as we stated above, you will need to continually control the chemical balance of nutrients in the water. You should also add in water often because the high temperatures will lead it to evaporate, something you do not want to happen!
Watch the plants grow and protect them
Plants will grow around 12-18 weeks in a hydroponic garden, which means that you have to monitor them constantly the best way you can. You should also try to keep any pests away, not to mention that you should watch for any root rot issues as they can kill your plants.
You will know when the plant is ready for harvesting, you can rest assured of that. Remember that the faster you harvest, the better the results will actually be, but don’t harvest faster than needed, as that can lead to some drastic consequences.
Once the entire system is used, you will need to flush it after harvesting, because this is important since you always want your plants to have the best growing medium. You should also try to sterilize it with the help of some copper or peroxide solutions. This allows you to defeat any mold and bacteria that appears, so you should definitely focus on that if you want to acquire the best results.
In conclusion, with the help of a hydroponic garden, you can easily grow your own plants, and all you have to do is to follow our guide. You will be amazed by the results so keep the instructions in mind and implement the ideas properly, then the results will be astonishing. However, maintain a clean growing medium, especially if you grow veggies!
- Garden year-round. Grow fresh herbs, vegetables, salad greens, flowers and more in this smart countertop garden.
- Up to 6 plants can be grown at a time. Plants grow in water...not soil. Advanced hydroponics made simple.
- High-performance, full spectrum 20-watt LED lighting system is tuned to the specific spectrum that allows plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests.
- LCD control panel tells you when to add water, reminds you when to add patented nutrients (Included), automatically turns lights on and off.
- Includes 6-Pod Gourmet Herb Seed Kit that contains: Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, Dill, Thyme, Thai Basil and Mint & 3 oz. patented nutrients (enough for a full season of growth).
- Garden year-round. Grow fresh herbs, vegetables, salad greens, flowers and more in this smart countertop garden. Easy-to-use control panel that automatically turns lights on and off and reminds you when to add nutrients.
- Up to 3 plants can be grown at a time. Plants grow in water...not soil. Advanced hydroponics made simple.
- High-performance, full spectrum 10-watt LED lighting system is tuned to the specific spectrum that allows plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests.
- Includes 3-Pod Gourmet Herb Seed Kit that contains: Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, and Dill & 3 oz. patented nutrients (enough for a full season of growth)
- After several months of use, the aerator in the Sprout LED may clog if not cleaned and maintained between plantings. A thorough cleaning can correct the issue, or the simple installation of a replacement part.
- ♥Intelligent Electronic Control Technology♥ Herb garden has water shortage reminder that don't require daily watering, it will automatically irrigated for 2-3 weeks. Two modes of LED light, white light can be used as table lamp for reading, pink light can be used as plant grow light. Moreover, you can hold down the switch for 3 seconds to turn on a automatic lighting mode, providing sufficient lighting for indoor herbs up to 16 hours ,which is a complete alternative to sunlight
- ♥Hydroponic Cultivation Technology♥ The soil uses vermiculite medium that has strong water retention, high absorptity, permeability and little change in temperature which can provide a humid environment and enough nutrient for plants growing, reducing the input of fertilizer as well. Soilless hydroponic cultivation, you can enjoy your indoor gardening without worrying hydroponic pods would make your table dirty
- ♥Easy to Install and Use♥ Without pump, you needn't to worry the water level gauge would get into stuck. Indoor garden kit simply requires you to put the seeds into vermiculite, pouring about 1.2L water in to water box, inserting power supply, adjusting the mode of LED light that plants can grow healthily under the artificial light so you can save time of taking care of your plants to do something you like
- ♥Planting any Plants as You Like♥ It is light and portable that you can place it in anywhere such as kitchen counter, living room, office, windowsill, windows and bedroom. Furthermore, you can grow your favorite vegetables, flowers, fruits and herbs, perfect for Lettuce, succulent, peppers, tomatoes, cherry, strawberries, lavender, rosemary and basil
- ♥Package & Warranty♥ Mini herb garden includes LED grow light, basin body and 2 planting pot. We offer 1 year limited warranty and customer service. If there is any problems, please feel free to contact us