When it comes to choosing a fertilizer for your lawn and garden, there are a lot of choices and it can be confusing. We’re going to share a few things with you about how to choose the right fertilizer for the right use in your lawn and garden.
Keep in mind that most fertilizers will contain nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium as their primary nutrients, and some will also contain micronutrients like iron, or sulfur, or magnesium. The most important part of any fertilizer label is the guaranteed analysis. This will tell you exactly how much of what nutrient is in that fertilizer. You can use this information to figure out application rates, a timing of application, and how to use the product.
A soil test will help you determine if you’re deficient in any specific nutrients or if you have something in excess. And your local Extension educator can also help you interpret your soil test and determine what fertilizer would be best for your lawn or garden. You also can buy soil test kit to know how the existing pH, Nitrogen (N), Phosphorous (P) and Potash (K) levels in your garden soil.
The Luster Leaf Rapitest Soil Test Kit continues to be the standard for home soil testing. The kit includes all components needed to for (40) tests: (10) each for pH, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potash. The patented color comparator system allows for easy color comparisons versus a typically printed color chart. Extensive, yet simple, instructions are included along with recommendations for over 400 plants.
Some fertilizer products come from organic sources such as blood meal or bone meal. And some come from synthetic sources. If this is an important distinction to you, be sure to read the label to determine what product you’re using. You also have a choice when it comes to liquid versus solid fertilizer sources.
A liquid fertilizer can be mixed and sprayed directly onto the leaves and can rapidly correct any micronutrient deficiencies, especially iron. A solid fertilizer can be added to the soil at planting or during the growing season, and will typically take a little bit longer to get into the plant. Be sure to have your soil test available before you go shopping for fertilizer. Test results allow you to fertilize appropriately, ensuring the best possible results.
- Quick, at home results for Soil pH, Nitrogen, Phosphrous and Potash
- Innovative and inexpensive soil test kit features an easy-to-use capsule system and patented color comparators
- Contains all components needed for 40 tests. 10 for each of pH, N, P and K
- Simple, detailed instructions included. Great for beginners and experienced gardeners alike.
- Soil pH preference list for over 450 plants included
- Soil Testing Simplified! Soil Savvy is a Ready-To-Use professional-grade soil test kit available to the general public that provides an Easy-To-Understand fertilizer recommendation tailored to your specific soil.
- Analysis provides a full report, comprised of soil pH and 14 nutrients including (N,P,K)
- A truly Sustainable approach to fertilizer management, Soil Savvy determines what nutrients are needed by your plants and eliminates over application of the nutrients they don't need.
- The same soil testing technology used by leading agricultural producers, turf managers and landscapers is now available to YOU the home gardener!
- Each Kit includes all needed components and instructions for use (MSRP: $34.95)
- 3-IN-1 FUNCTIONS: You can measure soil moisture, PH Value and sunlight intensity. It's helpful for you to plant flowers, plants and make them grow healthy and strong.
- EASY TO USE: Simply insert the probes into the soil about 2-4 inches, and you'll get your reading
- COMPACT FOR INDOOR & OUTDOOR USE: Know when to water, adjust pH, or change lighting for your flowers, plants both indoor and outdoor
- NO BATTERY NEEDED: No batteries or electricity needed, plug and read
- SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE: Sensitive probe could sense changes of the soil and transfer details to the conductor, displaying the accurate values for you.
soil test kit menards
soil test kit potassium
rapitest soil test kit
rapitest soil test kit home depot
soil test kit home depot canada
lamotte soil test kit amazon
soil sample for deer food plots
lead soil test kit home depot
lawn soil test kit home depot
soil test kit lowes
rapitest soil test kit, 20 tests
lowe’s canada soil test kit
soil test kit youtube
soil test kit tractor supply
garden soil test kit
soil test kits gardening
garden soil test kit home depot
ph soil tester kit home depot
ph soil test kits gardening
soil test kit ferry morse
soil ph test kit lowes
rapitest soil test kit refill
soil test kits professional
soil ph test kit walmart
lead soil test kit lowes
soil test for deer food plots
soil testing kit amazon uk
soil test kit lead
soil test kit home depot
soil tester for food plots
soil test kits for food plots
soil ph test kit home depot canada
soil test kit walmart
soil test kit walmart canada
soil test kit for grass
soil test kit for lawns
rapitest soil test kit amazon
soil test kit amazon
soil test kit nitrogen
soil test kit for food plots
amazon.ca soil test kit
soil ph test kit home depot
soil test kit
ph soil meter home depot
soil tests for food plots
soil test kit instructions
soil tester kit home depot
rapitest soil test kit 4 in 1