When it comes to choosing a fertilizer for your lawn and garden, there are a lot of choices and it can be confusing. We’re going to share a few things with you about how to choose the right fertilizer for the right use in your lawn and garden.
Keep in mind that most fertilizers will contain nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium as their primary nutrients, and some will also contain micronutrients like iron, or sulfur, or magnesium. The most important part of any fertilizer label is the guaranteed analysis. This will tell you exactly how much of what nutrient is in that fertilizer. You can use this information to figure out application rates, a timing of application, and how to use the product.
A soil test will help you determine if you’re deficient in any specific nutrients or if you have something in excess. And your local Extension educator can also help you interpret your soil test and determine what fertilizer would be best for your lawn or garden. You also can buy soil test kit to know how the existing pH, Nitrogen (N), Phosphorous (P) and Potash (K) levels in your garden soil.
The Luster Leaf Rapitest Soil Test Kit continues to be the standard for home soil testing. The kit includes all components needed to for (40) tests: (10) each for pH, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potash. The patented color comparator system allows for easy color comparisons versus a typically printed color chart. Extensive, yet simple, instructions are included along with recommendations for over 400 plants.
Some fertilizer products come from organic sources such as blood meal or bone meal. And some come from synthetic sources. If this is an important distinction to you, be sure to read the label to determine what product you’re using. You also have a choice when it comes to liquid versus solid fertilizer sources.
A liquid fertilizer can be mixed and sprayed directly onto the leaves and can rapidly correct any micronutrient deficiencies, especially iron. A solid fertilizer can be added to the soil at planting or during the growing season, and will typically take a little bit longer to get into the plant. Be sure to have your soil test available before you go shopping for fertilizer. Test results allow you to fertilize appropriately, ensuring the best possible results.
- Measure soil's moisture content by just plugging in the probe
- Easy to read moisture levels, including ten scales
- No batteries or electricity needed, plug and read
- Color coded reading system, from red, green to blue
- Compact and portable design for indoor/outdoor use
- Quick, at home results for Soil pH, Nitrogen, Phosphrous and Potash
- Innovative and inexpensive soil test kit features an easy-to-use capsule system and patented color comparators
- Contains all components needed for 40 tests. 10 for each of pH, N, P and K
- Simple, detailed instructions included. Great for beginners and experienced gardeners alike.
- Soil pH preference list for over 450 plants included
- 🌷🌷Method of Use: No Battery needed; simply insert the meter in the soil area you want to check and instantly get an accurate and precise reading! When measuring soil pH and humidity, left 1cm of probe to avoid destroying electrode.
- 🌸🌸Multi-function：1.Let you know when to water. You will never over/under water your plants again with this tester. 2.Help you to control Ph level in soil, acidic or alkaline is suitable for your plants. 3.Help you to determine if plant getting adequate light.
- 🍓🍓Indoor & Outdoor Use: This item is a perfect tool to test the soil conditions ( Moisture/Light/PH) of fruits, flowers, vegetables, shrubs, etc. with high accuracy and easy operation. You can take good care of your plants.
- 🌽🌽Warm Tips: 1, Do not touch the stone or hard rock soil, if the soil is too hard and dry, easy to damage the probes. 2, Design for testing soil ONLY. 3,After using, need to clean and wipe the probes.4,measurement of moisture and pH must be viewed while the unit is in the soil,And the tester must be kept in the soil for 10 minutes or more.
- 🍅🍅18 Month Warranty: Our warranty time is longer than others as our quality is guaranteed, unconditionally refund or resend with any quality problems, life time friendly customer service, ONLY offered by Marge Plus store.
- 3-IN-1: This soil tester combines moisture meter, pH acidity and light sensor together to provide you a comprehensive idea about the soil condition of your garden and lawn.
- PROFESSIONAL ACCURACY: Sensitive probe could sense changes of the soil and transfer details to the conductor, displaying the accurate values for you.
- EASY TO USE: Plugging it into the soil and read the table, making it easy to take care of your plants.
- ECO-FRIENDLY: Battery is not needed in running this soil sensor nor any electricity, it is a environmental friendly product to all plants lovers.
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR USE : Compact and portable design, convenient for indoor or outdoor use.
- Moisture Meter for Plants:Make your plants more healthy by Soil Moisture Sensor Meter.
- Easy to Use: just need plug and read.
- No Battery Required:Simply push the meter into the soil, and you'll get your reading. It's no need for batteries.
- Both for Indoor & Outdoor Use:Easily know when to water for your flowers, plants.
- Scientifically Accurate:Easy & accurately to read moisture promotes healthy plants.
Fertilizer 101: how to choose the right type
This video explains what the numbers on fertilizer packages mean and what nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium do for your plants.
Gardening Tips: Choosing the Right Fertilizer
This week our Community Garden Coordinator, Elisha, gives tips on choosing the right type of organic fertilizer to use for your garden.
How to Read a Fertilizer Label
Tony Goldsby of Ewing Irrigation explains the contents of a fertilizer label. Website: https://www.ewingirrigation.com/ Facebook: ...
How do I select the best lawn fertilizer and when to fertilize my lawn?
If you're looking to grow a lawn that's the envy of your neighbors, you have to choose the right fertilizer for the right season and the right kind of grass. Here are ...
How to Choose the Best Lawn Fertilizer
This video is about how to choose the best lawn fertilizer for your lawn or grass in Phoenix. Many different options can be found at any local nursery, Lowes, ...
soil test kit menards
soil test kit potassium
rapitest soil test kit
rapitest soil test kit home depot
soil test kit home depot canada
lamotte soil test kit amazon
soil sample for deer food plots
lead soil test kit home depot
lawn soil test kit home depot
soil test kit lowes
rapitest soil test kit, 20 tests
lowe’s canada soil test kit
soil test kit youtube
soil test kit tractor supply
garden soil test kit
soil test kits gardening
garden soil test kit home depot
ph soil tester kit home depot
ph soil test kits gardening
soil test kit ferry morse
soil ph test kit lowes
rapitest soil test kit refill
soil test kits professional
soil ph test kit walmart
lead soil test kit lowes
soil test for deer food plots
soil testing kit amazon uk
soil test kit lead
soil test kit home depot
soil tester for food plots
soil test kits for food plots
soil ph test kit home depot canada
soil test kit walmart
soil test kit walmart canada
soil test kit for grass
soil test kit for lawns
rapitest soil test kit amazon
soil test kit amazon
soil test kit nitrogen
soil test kit for food plots
amazon.ca soil test kit
soil ph test kit home depot
soil test kit
ph soil meter home depot
soil tests for food plots
soil test kit instructions
soil tester kit home depot
rapitest soil test kit 4 in 1