When it comes to choosing a fertilizer for your lawn and garden, there are a lot of choices and it can be confusing. We’re going to share a few things with you about how to choose the right fertilizer for the right use in your lawn and garden.
Keep in mind that most fertilizers will contain nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium as their primary nutrients, and some will also contain micronutrients like iron, or sulfur, or magnesium. The most important part of any fertilizer label is the guaranteed analysis. This will tell you exactly how much of what nutrient is in that fertilizer. You can use this information to figure out application rates, a timing of application, and how to use the product.
A soil test will help you determine if you’re deficient in any specific nutrients or if you have something in excess. And your local Extension educator can also help you interpret your soil test and determine what fertilizer would be best for your lawn or garden. You also can buy soil test kit to know how the existing pH, Nitrogen (N), Phosphorous (P) and Potash (K) levels in your garden soil.
The Luster Leaf Rapitest Soil Test Kit continues to be the standard for home soil testing. The kit includes all components needed to for (40) tests: (10) each for pH, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potash. The patented color comparator system allows for easy color comparisons versus a typically printed color chart. Extensive, yet simple, instructions are included along with recommendations for over 400 plants.
Some fertilizer products come from organic sources such as blood meal or bone meal. And some come from synthetic sources. If this is an important distinction to you, be sure to read the label to determine what product you’re using. You also have a choice when it comes to liquid versus solid fertilizer sources.
A liquid fertilizer can be mixed and sprayed directly onto the leaves and can rapidly correct any micronutrient deficiencies, especially iron. A solid fertilizer can be added to the soil at planting or during the growing season, and will typically take a little bit longer to get into the plant. Be sure to have your soil test available before you go shopping for fertilizer. Test results allow you to fertilize appropriately, ensuring the best possible results.
- Luster Leaf Rapitest Soil Test Kit
- 4 individual color comparators for pH, N,P,K
- Final assembly done in the USA
- Innovative and inexpensive soil test kit features an easy-to-use capsule system and color comparators
- Contains tests for ph, nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium levels; 40 tests in total
- 3-in-1: Tests moisture, PH value and light level using two 20cm probe and a light sensor
- High Accuracy and Rapid Respond: There are three calibration tables, you can respectively get the accurate value immediately
- No Battery Needed: Environmentally friendly because it needn't any battery or electricity. Just plug in the probe to your object
- Compact and Portable: It is convenient to use it indoor, outdoor or in your greenhouse
- Promote Healthy Plants: It ensures and maintains the health and quality of your greenery. By using it, you can know when to water, control PH level and whether the plant getting adequate sunlight
- 3-IN-1: This soil tester combines moisture meter, pH acidity and light sensor together to provide you a comprehensive idea about the soil condition of your garden and lawn.
- PROFESSIONAL ACCURACY: Sensitive probe could sense changes of the soil and transfer details to the conductor, displaying the accurate values for you.
- EASY TO USE: Plugging it into the soil and read the table, making it easy to take care of your plants.
- ECO-FRIENDLY: Battery is not needed in running this soil sensor nor any electricity, it is a environmental friendly product to all plants lovers.
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR USE : Compact and portable design, convenient for indoor or outdoor use.
- ★【SIMPLE & EFFECTIVE】-- No batteries needed, plug and read. Simply insert the probes into the soil about 3-5 inches,10 cm above the probe to be inserted,the most accurate measured
- ★【INDOOR & OURDOOR USE】 - Soil moisture meter let you know when to water. It's a necessary tool for outdoor & indoor plants, gardens, lawn, vegetables, etc.
- ★【HIGHLY ACCURATE】- Our soil ph meter is a combination of precision, accuracy and durability. Easy to read moisture, get the reading quickly, promotes healthy plants.
- ★【IMPORTANT TIPs】 --1, Do not touch the stone or hard rock soil, if the soil is too hard and dry, easy to damage the probes. 2. Design for testing soil ONLY. 3. After using, need to clean and wipe the probes.
- ★【LIFETIME GUARANTEE】 - We believe in the quality of our soil test kit. If you have any problems, contact us freely and we support replacement and guarantee forever with 24 hours friendly customer service.
- Watch video (bottom left image). The fastest way to Plug 'n Plant...dig planting holes from a comfortable, standing position.
- Year-round applications - Planting bulbs and annuals, lawn plugger, weeding tool, garden veggie planting tool and more.
- Digs a 2-1/8" diameter hole. Depth Rings (included) allow you to dig 2", 4" and even a 6" deep holes for planting and transplanting a variety of plant material. Removes tough, deep tap root weeds!
- Helpful for seniors or mild arthritis sufferers. MADE IN USA
Fertilizer 101: how to choose the right type
This video explains what the numbers on fertilizer packages mean and what nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium do for your plants.
Gardening Tips: Choosing the Right Fertilizer
This week our Community Garden Coordinator, Elisha, gives tips on choosing the right type of organic fertilizer to use for your garden.
How to Read a Fertilizer Label
Tony Goldsby of Ewing Irrigation explains the contents of a fertilizer label. Website: https://www.ewingirrigation.com/ Facebook: ...
How do I select the best lawn fertilizer and when to fertilize my lawn?
If you're looking to grow a lawn that's the envy of your neighbors, you have to choose the right fertilizer for the right season and the right kind of grass. Here are ...
How to Choose the Best Lawn Fertilizer
This video is about how to choose the best lawn fertilizer for your lawn or grass in Phoenix. Many different options can be found at any local nursery, Lowes, ...
soil test kit menards
soil test kit potassium
rapitest soil test kit
rapitest soil test kit home depot
soil test kit home depot canada
lamotte soil test kit amazon
soil sample for deer food plots
lead soil test kit home depot
lawn soil test kit home depot
soil test kit lowes
rapitest soil test kit, 20 tests
lowe’s canada soil test kit
soil test kit youtube
soil test kit tractor supply
garden soil test kit
soil test kits gardening
garden soil test kit home depot
ph soil tester kit home depot
ph soil test kits gardening
soil test kit ferry morse
soil ph test kit lowes
rapitest soil test kit refill
soil test kits professional
soil ph test kit walmart
lead soil test kit lowes
soil test for deer food plots
soil testing kit amazon uk
soil test kit lead
soil test kit home depot
soil tester for food plots
soil test kits for food plots
soil ph test kit home depot canada
soil test kit walmart
soil test kit walmart canada
soil test kit for grass
soil test kit for lawns
rapitest soil test kit amazon
soil test kit amazon
soil test kit nitrogen
soil test kit for food plots
amazon.ca soil test kit
soil ph test kit home depot
soil test kit
ph soil meter home depot
soil tests for food plots
soil test kit instructions
soil tester kit home depot
rapitest soil test kit 4 in 1